Deadline: 1 February 2018
Open to: candidates from the Balkans, Eastern Europe & the Caucasus, USA, Canada or other countries, as well as candidates who study Scandinavian studies
Venue: 23 June-3 Aug 2018 at the University of Oslo, Norway
The International Summer School (ISS) at the University of Oslo offers intensive Master’s and Bachelor’s courses each summer, from 23 June 2018 to 3 August 2018. Every year ISS welcome over 550 students from about 90 countries.
The ISS is an academic center for learning in an international context and a forum for fostering intercultural understanding. It aims at developing and conveying knowledge and at promoting understanding between people from different cultures. This dual purpose is reflected in the ISS motto: ”Six Weeks of Academic Achievement and International Good Will“.
In order to be a successful ISS scholarship recipient, you must demonstrate:
- that your academic background is relevant to the course you apply for;
- that your professional background is relevant to the course you apply for;
- your financial need.
The ISS offers scholarships to applicants from certain countries:
- Bachelor’s courses scholarships are intended to applicants from: the Caucasus or the Balkans, Asia, Oceania, Africa and South America, the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, USA, Canada, EU and EEA countries.
- Master’s courses scholarships are intended to applicants from: developing countries, the Caucasus or the Balkans, the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, USA or Canada.
The International Summer School has a wide variety of full and partial scholarships. full scholarships will cover:
- Basic fee (on-campus);
- Additional fees (if applicable);
- Pocket money allowance (made available to you upon arrival; excludes recipients from USA and Canada);
- Plane ticket to and from Norway (excludes recipients from USA and Canada).
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.