Deadline: 10 May 2018
Open to: any country of the Global South
Benefits: covered travel cost, accommodation, stipend of 5,000 USD and 10,000 USD
Central European University (CEU) invites applications for the Research Excellence Fellowship program for Winter and Spring terms of the academic year 2018-19.
The Visiting Fellowship Program supports collaborations and linkages between CEU departments and research centers and individual scholars and academic centers at partner universities that stimulate research and curriculum innovation across a wide range of disciplines in the social sciences and humanities focusing on the following subjects and themes:
- Inequalities and social justice;
- Democratic governance;
- Inclusive and evidence-based policy-making;
- Migration and refugees;
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Higher education in open society (with emphasis on innovative projects that address the following sub-themes: higher education policy and governance, academic freedom, teaching and learning, student engagement, and educational technologies).
- Eligible countries: any country of the Global South;
- Eligible applicants’ primary place of employment at the time of application should be a teaching or academic research institution in their home country;
- Eligible applicants should hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree and have a substantial research record in an area that falls under one or more CEU academic units (departments, schools, and research centers);
- Please note: those who are or who intend to be involved in projects, research, teaching, or other activities sponsored or co-sponsored by Open Society Foundations during the period of the Research Fellowship are not eligible to participate in the program;
- Applications not meeting eligibility requirements will not be considered.
- Fellows are required to be in residence at CEU for the entire duration of their Fellowship;
- Fellows will provide a mid-term narrative report and a final narrative report;
- Fellows will provide a draft article outline within three months of concluding the Fellowship;
- Fellows will submit an article published or accepted for publication in an international peer-reviewed journal within one year after completing the Fellowship. Fellows will clearly acknowledge CEU and OSF contribution in this publication.
Fellows are supported for a period of three or six months (one or two consecutive terms at CEU). Fellowship award covers travel costs to/from Budapest, accommodations at the CEU residence and a stipend of 5,000 USD for one term and 10,000 USD for two terms of the Fellowship’s duration.
How to Apply?
You can find the application form here.
Please send your completed application form, a detailed research proposal, a CV and a photocopy of your Ph. D. certificate or equivalent credentials in one PDF file to the following e-mail address: [email protected] (subject of email “VRF 2018 + last name”). The application form and all supporting documents must be submitted by 10 May 2018.
A complete application package should include:
- Fully completed application form;
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of most important and recent publications;
- 1500 – 2000 word research proposal;
- Photocopy of a Ph. D. certificate or equivalent degree credentials;
- Two letters of reference: scanned copies should be sent by the referees directly to [email protected] (subject of email “VRF 2018 + last name of the applicant”) by the application deadline. A letter of reference should be printed on an official letterhead of the home institution of the referee, and include referee’s signature and complete contact information.
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information please visit the official website.