Deadline: 16 April
Open to: qualified young professionals up to the age of 32 years, from eligible developing and least-developed country (LDC) WTO Members
Benefits: 2,965 EUR monthly salary (approximate)
The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking candidates for THE WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAMME for 2019. The WTO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a unique opportunity for qualified young professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills on WTO and international trade issues. The Programme aims to widen the pool of professionals from these countries who can later be more competitive with respect to recruitment in the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations.
This is a limited programme that offers selected young professionals with the opportunity to gain work experience in the WTO. There is no guarantee of an extension of the programme or of a job offer after the one-year programme.
The selected young professionals are allocated to a specific division of the WTO Secretariat in accordance with the needs and priorities of the organization and based on the areas of interest of the young professional. The areas of work may include accessions, agriculture, dispute settlement, intellectual property rights, market access, rules, trade and development, trade and environment, trade in services and investment, trade facilitation, trade policy analysis and trade-related technical assistance.
One year without possibility of extension.
A candidate must:
- be a national of a WTO member state; find the list of WTO member states here;
- have an advanced university degree in law, economics, and other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work;
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience;
- demonstrate a high level of interest in international trade and commitment to WTO-related work;
- be fluent in English. A good working knowledge of one of the WTO’s other official languages, French or Spanish, would be an advantage;
- be 32 years of age or younger at the expected start date of the YPP, if selected.
Preference is given to nationals from WTO members without any representation at the professional level in the Secretariat. A list of unrepresented WTO members will be provided when the request for applicants is posted.
Participants under the programme receive a monthly salary of 2,965 EUR (approximate). The WTO also provides appropriate medical cover and travel costs.
How to apply?
The request for applications for the Young Professionals Programme is published each year on the WTO e-Recruitment website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures. Applicants must submit a letter of motivation along with the completed online application.
For more information please visit the open call and the official website.