Deadline: 27 May 2018
Open to: anyone who’s passionate about purpose-led work
Benefits: GBP 22,500 salary during a year
The Associate Programme is a year-long programme in London, United Kingdom that transforms your career. It’s a way to learn on the job, doing real work in purpose-led organizations, while at the same time going through an intensive learning programme with a community of like-minded professionals.
The Associate Programme is full time, based in London and runs for 12 months from October 2018. You will work in your placement 4.5 days a week and spend Friday afternoons with your cohort in training.
Here’s what the leadership programme looks like:
- Placements: You work in two purpose-oriented organizations for six months, doing strategically important work and reporting to senior management within those organizations. Associates have, for example, managed a climate activism campaign at Ben & Jerry’s reporting to their European Head of Social Mission, built the food waste charity FareShare’s operational plan for new regional centers and analyzed impact investment deals at Big Society Capital. You take on new challenges and use your existing skills to solve key problems for the organizations;
- Mentors and coaches: You meet a mentor fortnightly who guides and challenges you to add value in your placement. You meet an executive coach every quarter focused on your longer-term development;
- Training: Every Friday afternoon you hear from experts from diverse sectors who share their knowledge and experience with you and your cohort. The candidates will receive training from top professionals including McKinsey, Ellen MacArthur Foundation and alumni who work in social enterprise organizations. Your cohort is also a powerful group of like-minded people with whom you share your learning and experience;
- Community and network: The AssociateProgramme has more than 1,500 Associates, placements, mentors, coaches and trainers across London, Paris and Berlin all of whom contribute to building a sustainable economy.
The Associate Programme looks for people who have:
Motivation and persistence
The ability to turn ideas into reality and seize opportunities, to challenge yourself and set goals, and knowing when to compromise or when to involve others.
Persuading, bringing along and inspiring others, whilst also dealing effectively and sensitively with conflict.
Attitudes and mindsets
Retaining high expectations, an open mind and an eagerness to experience new things; being pragmatic, self-sufficient, and comfortable with changing situations. Ability to articulate your commitment to work in the social sector.
Structuring and breaking down complex problems into solvable elements, whilst not losing sight of the big picture; being comfortable with quantitative analysis and mental arithmetic.
- You must have a valid UK work permit to apply;
- Applications from candidates with at least two years full-time paid work experience are accepted;
- Fluent French and German speakers for Associate Programmes in Paris and Berlin can also apply for this Program.
- GBP 22.500 salary during a year packed full of training and personal development;
- 2 x 6 months placements delivering projects in different purpose-driven organizations;
- 84 hours of training, mentoring, coaching and a residential to support and inspire you.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.