Deadline: 9 August 2018
Open to: organizations and high schools
Award: total prize fund is USD 3 million
The Zayed Sustainability Prize is a tribute to the legacy of the late founding father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – a visionary champion of environmental stewardship and global sustainability. This annual award celebrates achievements that are driving impact, innovation and inspiration across five distinct categories: Health, Food, Energy, Water and Global High Schools. Submit your entry today and join a growing community of innovators who are expanding the possibilities for a sustainable future.
The Zayed Sustainability Prize awards 5 categories:
This prize category recognizes solutions that are enabling healthy lives and wellbeing and access to basic healthcare services.
This prize category recognizes solutions that are tackling hunger, malnutrition and building sustainable and resilient food production systems
This prize category recognizes solutions that are enabling increased access to renewable energy and improving energy efficiency
This prize category recognizes solutions that are enabling increased access to clean, safe and affordable drinking water.
- Global High Schools (1 award for each of the below regions)
This prize category recognizes projects that focus on sustainable energy, water, food and health, with the potential to improve access to high education and help high school students achieve their career goals.
The Zayed Sustainability Prize is awarded to organizations and high schools that demonstrate outstanding initiatives, assessed through the three core criteria: Innovation, Impact, and Inspiration.
The Zayed Sustainability Prize is open to all entrants other than:
- Board members and employees of Masdar;
- Anyone who has been involved in organizing, promoting or judging the Prize.
The total prize fund is USD 3 million, distributed as follows:
- Health – USD 600,000
- Food – USD 600,000
- Energy – USD 600,000
- Water – USD 600,000
- Global High Schools – USD 600,000 – (divided amongst 6 Schools, awarding each up to USD100,000)
- The Americas
- Europe & Central Asia
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- East Asia & Pacific
- South Asia
How to Apply?
- In order to participate, fill the register as a candidate and proceed to log-in, in order to begin filling out the application form;
- There are no fees associated with completing and submitting an entry;
- For further assistance with the submission form, please contact: [email protected];
- For any technical support on your submission, please contact: [email protected];
For more information please visit the official website.