Deadline: 13 July 2018
Open to: students and early career professionals
Venue: 2 – 4 November 2018 in Toronto, Canada
OpenCon is the conference and community for students and early career professionals interested in advancing Open Access, Open Education and Open Data. OpenCon 2018 will be held on November 2-4 in Toronto, Canada. Each year, OpenCon brings together a diverse, representative, and engaged a group of participants, with travel scholarships available to most participants. For this reason, attendance at OpenCon 2018 is by application only.
The benefits of applying for OpenCon 2018 extend far beyond attending the Toronto meeting. It’s an opportunity to find collaborators, get connected with scholarships to attend related conferences, and be recognized by the community for the work you do to promote Open Access, Open Education and Open Data.
- OpenCon’s target audience is students of all levels, early career researchers, and young professionals in fields related to scholarly and scientific research (e.g. librarians, publishers, advocates, etc);
- Students, early career researchers, and young professionals from all countries are welcome to attend OpenCon;
- Applicants must be eighteen years of age or older to attend OpenCon.
Scholarship funding is available for the following expenses:
- Roundtrip ticket (air, train or bus) to Toronto, Canada from the departure city indicated in your application;
- Accommodation during the nights of the conference (shared room with a participant of the same sex);
- Participation fee that covers registration and most meals;
- Visa application fee (if needed).
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.