Deadline: 31 October 2018
Open to: European filmmakers residing in the EU and aged between 18 and 35
Benefits: grant of EUR 7,500
The EU is offering young filmmakers the chance to make their very own #EUandME short film.
Entries can be submitted in one of five categories:
- Skills & business;
The jury, composed of five European film directors, will review the entries and choose 10 nominees, two for each of the five categories.
Starting from January 2019 and over 5 weeks, the winners will be selected by a public online vote, with the result being announced on the competition’s web page and on the European Commission’s social media accounts. Every week will be dedicated to a category: they will announce the two category nominees and ask users to vote for their favorite film idea.
- The competition is open to European filmmakers residing in the EU and aged between 18 and 35 at the deadline for submissions (31/10/2018);
- You can only participate as an individual; group entries will not be considered.
The five winners will receive a grant of EUR 7,500 each to produce, shoot and edit their film by 30/04/2019. Winners will also receive mentoring by one of the professional directors of the jury during the filming and editing process.
How to apply?
Submit your idea for a short film by completing the online application form.
You will need three things:
- a written synopsis of your film (in English and, if English is not your mother tongue, also in one of the official languages of the EU);
- a short video pitch filmed with a smartphone (in English and, if English is not your mother tongue, also in one of the official languages of the EU);
- a link to a short film that you have made in the last 5 years (please note that there are no specific language requirements for this short film).
For more information please visit the official website.