Deadline: 28 February 2019
Open to: international applicants who have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences and have an international research experience
Benefits: monthly stipend of EUR 700 + accommodation + travel allowance + research expenses
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) announces a Call for Applications for its 2019/2020 In-Residence Advanced Academia Fellowships for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences.
CAS Sofia is an independent Institute with international and multidisciplinary profile. Located in Sofia, Bulgaria, it promotes high-level scholarship in the social sciences and the humanities. In addition to supporting focus-group research, CAS Sofia invites outstanding scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months. The invited Fellows participate in the intellectual life and the scholarly community of the Centre (Bulgarian and foreign fellows) while working on projects of their own choice. Fellows receive adequate material and intellectual support and can profit from the Centre’s wide international networks, international seminar- and guest-lecturer programme. CAS Sofia assists Fellows in all practical matters concerning travel, residence and research in Sofia.
- Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
- Have completed a Ph.D. in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences;
- International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
CAS Sofia provides in-residence fellowships of two- to five- month duration to post-doctoral non-Bulgarian researchers. Junior, as well as Senior scholars, are invited to apply.
- The selected Fellows are entitled to:
- A monthly stipend of EUR 700 (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia.
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases.
- Travel allowance (up to EUR 400 );
- Research expenses (up to EUR 500 ).
How to apply?
Links for downloading:
Please carefully consider the former two documents when preparing your application. For Junior scholars (up to 8 years after Ph.D. defense**) only: two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work should be emailed to CAS by the referees.
All application documents should be presented in English and sent by e-mail to email@example.com with a subject entry “Advanced Academia Fellowships.”
For more information, please visit the official web page.