Deadline: 15 March 2019
Open to: postdocs from across Europe
Benefits: fully funded intensive high-end training
The Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership is designed to train the next generation of leaders in sustainability and transformation research.
For the Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership, the Robert Bosch Stiftung collaborates with four leading academic research centers to unite expert knowledge and educate the next generation of leading sustainability and transformation scholars.
The program aims at postdocs from across Europe who want to make an impact on the transformation towards a sustainable society and advance the complementarity of natural science, social sciences and the humanities by means of their research.
The program consists of four seminars (three full days each) over a period of two years. Each seminar will take place at one of the four academic centers and focus on their respective expertise. The dates for the four seminars are:
- 1st seminar from 25th to 27th September 2019 at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin/ Germany
- 2nd seminar from 12th to 14th February 2020 at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg/ Germany
- 3rd seminar from 14th to 16th October 2020 at the Stockholm Resilience Centre/ Sweden
- 4th seminar from 17th to 19th March 2021 at the Dutch Research Institute for Transitions (DRIFT) in Rotterdam/ The Netherlands.
To be eligible for the Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership you should be an early career researcher with a sustainability focus, affiliated to a European research institution, and
- have obtained your doctorate/Ph.D. no more than four years prior to applying (family and caring times excluded);
- be an excellent researcher with a vision (societal impact);
- have a strong interest and experience in doing inter- and transdisciplinary sustainability research;
- conduct research that asks for the complementarity of natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities;
- have a research topic relevant to this year’s focus topic “Scaling Sustainability”;
- be on the way to professorship and academic leadership positions;
- be an academic intrapreneur, who acts responsibly and initiates positive changes and innovation within his/ her institution;
- be a shaper, a shaker and a mover;
- have excellent English language skills (CEFR Level C2);
- be committed to attending all seminars and relevant networking activities;
- have funds for your postdoc research for the majority of the Postdoc Academy;
- Applicants should be early-career researchers at an academic institution in one of the following European countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican.
The Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership provides an intensive high-end training with four seminars in two years that broaden inter- and transdisciplinary research competencies of early career sustainability researchers and to promote their qualifications towards transdisciplinary leadership. The program also offers seed funding (e.g. for stakeholder meetings or proposal writing activities) to small groups of participants, who plan to initiate research collaborations.
How to apply?
Applications can be submitted on the online application platform of the Robert Bosch Stiftung here.
For further information, please visit the official webpage.