Deadline: 1 June 2019
Open to: everyone aged 18 and above who is proficient in relevant digital technologies
Benefits: up to USD 5000 grants
FILMMAKERS WITHOUT BORDERS (FWB) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that is dedicated to empowering the next generation of digital storytellers. FWB filmmaking grants provide funding and support for independent filmmakers to share their stories. Funds are available for narrative, documentary, experimental, and new media projects in various stages of production.
FILMMAKERS WITHOUT BORDERS (FWB) supports independent filmmakers around the world via grants and other funding initiatives. Supported projects include narrative films, documentary films, and new media projects that align with themes of social justice, empowerment, and cultural exchange.
Goals & Objectives
- to empower the next generation of digital storytellers;
- to promote diverse communities and cultures;
- to share unique perspectives and stories;
- to support independent voices from around the world.
Proposed projects should address one of the following themes:
- social justice;
- women’s voices;
- youth voices;
- cultural exchange;
- climate change.
Grants are available for all of the following stages of production:
- Film Festival Applications.
Grants are available for all of the following types of projects:
- Short Film Projects (6-40 minutes)
- Feature Film Projects (90+ minutes)
- New Media Projects (various)
- Applicants from any country are encouraged to apply;
- Applicants should be 18+ years old;
- Applicants should be proficient in relevant digital technologies;
- Applicants should be able to provide samples of their work;
- Applications and supporting materials must be produced in English;
- NOTE: Completed films may be in any language.
Grants are available in the following amounts (Tier 1 – Tier 4):
- Development: USD 250, USD 500, USD 750, or USD 1000
- Production: USD 500, USD 1000, USD 2500, or USD 5000
- Post-production: USD 250, USD 500, USD 1000, or USD 2500
- Film Festival Applications: USD 100, USD 250, USD 500, or USD 750
- Please note that additional specialized grants are also available for alumni of the following initiatives: Tribeca All Access, Women in Film Finishing Fund, NYWIFT Disability Awareness Grant, National Geographic Explorer, & the Fulbright Scholars Program.
How to apply?
- Prepare all supporting materials;
- Submit an online application.
All applicants complete an online application and submit a variety of supporting materials including a video essay. The video essay is an opportunity for applicants to introduce themselves, describe the project, and explain how it will be successfully completed.