Deadline: 11 April 2019
Open to: master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other related financial field is required
Benefits: one year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
The Finance Group (FG) is a critical and strategic business function in UNOPS and serves as an authoritative and integrated partner in the organization on strategic financial planning and budgeting, business strategy and practices, financial analysis and risk assessment, financial management services and long term organizational treasury and investments. As the steward of resources of a self-financing UN entity, FG is accountable for timely cost recovery and reporting to partners, maintaining the integrity and transparency of financial management of resources in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and organizational/international accountability framework and the accurate and transparent financial reporting to governing bodies, clients, partners and stakeholders.
The DCFO directly impacts the effective management and financial integrity of UNOPS through the effective stewarding of organizational resources, maintaining appropriate controls and integrity of financial management in accordance with relevant international standards, enabling prudent management and growth of financial assets and building an informed and shared management engagement on financial issues in support of the UNOPS overall strategy.
A summary overview of the functions the DCFO will deliver includes:
Strategic advisory services
Financial Management and Control
Financial information and reporting
Knowledge Management and Innovation
– Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other related financial field is required
– A minimum of 10 years of experience with an exceptional track record of progressively responsible leadership experience in financial management and accounting, including large team management.
– Knowledge of IPSAS, IFRS or GAAP is required
– Solid experience in the UN/Public Sector is highly desirable.
– Previous experience as a Deputy CFO (or equivalent) of a large organization, is highly desirable
– Full working knowledge of English is required
– Knowledge of another official UN language, in particular, Spanish, is an asset
Job Contract: Professional categories usually require at least a Master’s degree and are graded by job description into different levels. International professional levels range from P1 to P5 and up to the Director level, D1 to D2, followed by the Assistant Secretary General (ASG) level. For National Professional Officers, levels start from NO-A and go to NO-E.
How to apply?
– Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
– Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
– Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
– Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
– Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
– For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
– The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
In order to apply, please register here.
For more information, please visit the official web page