Deadline: 14 April 2019
Open to: young people between 18-34 years old
Benefits: fully funded
Do you care about youth employment and have you had an active role in promoting it? Come to the One Young World Summit in London from 22 to 25 October, and an additional pre-Summit programme in the Netherlands on 21 October. Apply now to attend the One Young World Summit 2019 with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This October, London will host the One Young World Summit 2019 alongside its 10th anniversary. The Summit will see 2000 young leaders from 190+ countries descend to London for the global forum for young leaders. During the Summit, the delegate will present and debate solutions to our time’s most pressing issues alongside senior leaders such as musician and activist Sir Bob Geldof, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus, former President of Ireland Mary Robinson and CEO of DSM Feike Sijbesma.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counseled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
Delegates participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking and workshops. All delegates have the opportunity to apply to give keynote speeches, sharing a platform with world leaders with the world’s media in attendance. As well as listening to keynote speakers, delegates have the opportunity to challenge world leaders, interact and be mentored by influencers. Delegates make lasting connections throughout the Summit, celebrating their participation at social events and the unforgettable Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
The One Young World Summit 2019 sees the global forum for young leaders return ‘home’ for the first time since the inaugural Summit in 2010. With over 300 languages to be heard on its streets, London is one of the most diverse places in the world. The city is home to nearly 9 million people, one of the world’s biggest financial centres and countless historic sites such as Buckingham Palace and Big Ben. A city where the past and future merge, London provides the ideal backdrop for young leaders from more than 190 countries to work together to accelerate positive change.
- Aged 18 – 34 by date of One Young World Summit 2019;
- Residents in a country from one of the following countries are eligible for the scholarship: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan and Tunisia;
- 50% of the candidates will be female;
- All candidates need a working understanding in English;
- Candidates by date of OYW 2019 have not participated in more than 2 other (big) international conferences;
- Dutch MFA encourages young leaders with a form of disability to apply;
- Dutch MFA encourages young leaders from rural to urban areas to apply.
Scholars selected to participate in the initiative will receive:
- Profiling in national media outlets;
- Access to the additional program of the Dutch MFA on 21 October in The Hague, The Netherlands;
- Access to the One Young World Summit on 22-25 October 2019 in London, United Kingdom;
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis in The Hague and in London;
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner during OYW;
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Air travel to The Hague, coach to London and air travel from London back to the country of destination;
- Visa costs for the Netherlands and the United Kingdom are covered.
How to apply?
You can apply using the following link.
For more information, please visit this website.