Deadline: 27 May 2019
Open to: nationals from Central Asia
Benefits: fully funded plus a monthly stipend of EUR 600
The Europe Central Asia Monitoring (EUCAM) initiative of the Centre for European Security Studies (CESS) is open to applications for its civil society fellowship programme. Over the course of 2018-2020, the CESS office in Groningen regularly hosts groups of 3 EUCAM fellows for periods of 12 weeks. The upcoming fellowship is from 9 September to 29 November 2019 in the Netherlands.
EUCAM is looking for applicants that:
– Are interested in policy-oriented research and Europe-Central Asia relations;
– Have a Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Turkmen or Uzbek nationality; currently living in Central Asia, and eligible to obtain a 90-day Schengen visa;
– Are between 25 and 35 old, and active in civil society;
– Have a good command of English.
EUCAM offers fellows the opportunity to:
– Do research at a Dutch research and training institute
– Practice policy-oriented writing while increasing knowledge of the European Union
– Engage in outreach towards the European policy community and contribute to international academic debates
– Visit Brussels and The Hague for interviews, briefings, training, and conferences.
– Selected fellows are offered a monthly stipend of €600. Accommodation in the Netherlands, travel from Central Asia to the Netherlands as well as accommodation in and travel from Groningen to The Hague and Brussels will be covered by EUCAM-CESS.
How to apply?
You can apply by sending the documents below to [email protected]:
– Motivation letter (including two reference contacts listed)
For more information, please visit the official web page.