Deadline: 31 May 2019
Open to: TECH startups with innovative solutions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
Benefits: air tickets and accommodations for one personnel from each company
Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) is the pioneer development forum on Africa led by the government of Japan since 1993 and co-hosted by United Nations, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), World Bank and African Union Commission (AUC). The 7th summit will be held on 28th – 30th August, 2019 in Yokohama city, Japan. One of the main agendas of TICAD7 is economic transformation and improvements in business environment and institution through private investment and innovation. (More information about TICAD: Here)
Africa, with its stable economic and population growth, has grown as a giant market attractive to investors and exhibited several innovative business models backed-up with the rapid digitalization, enabling “leapfrogging” of technologies.
At the occasion of TICAD 7, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) will jointly prepare a pitching stage for eligible startups from African countries.
This event is a TICAD7’s official side events, and it will be a unique opportunity for both startups offering innovative solutions to social challenges in Africa and Japanese investors/corporations to seek possible investment/partnership.
- Business Category:
TECH startup with an innovative solution to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Year of Establishment:
Established in 2018 or earlier
- Funding Stage:
Proof of the past funding – Has ever raised over USD 50,000 funding
- Business Location:
- HQs is based in African countries
- Products/Services have been launched in African market
- Other necessary points:
- Passion/Will to acquire relation with Japanese investor(s) and/or partner(s) through participation to this pitch event in TICAD7
- Available to stay in Tokyo/Yokohama from 28 August to 31 August.
- The selected finalist(s) will be invited to TICAD7 for the pitching on the stage in front of potential investors/partners gathered from multiple countries.
- Air tickets and accommodations for one person from each company will be covered by JICA/UNDP.
How to apply?
Sign up with google form
For more information, please visit the official web page.