Deadline: 16 July 2019
Open to: candidates of all ages and nationalities who have an Italian degree or a post-graduate degree or any foreign academic qualification recognized as equivalent to the Italian degree
Scholarship: five fellowships with grants of EUR 15.343 (gross income) per year
The Graduate School (DEFAP) of Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore invites applications to its Ph.D. in Economics and Finance. The length of the Ph.D. Program is three years, starting in early November 2019. The precise starting date of the Program will be announced in due course. They offer five fellowships (for a period of three years) to the highest ranked applicants. The fellowships pay a grant of EUR 15.343 (gross income) per year. The monthly allowance can be increased up to 50% for the Ph.D. students visiting academic or scientific institutions abroad. The number of scholarships may increase if sponsorships on specific research projects become available. There will also be allowances (research funds) for short-period mobility (from the second year).
The Graduate School (DEFAP) aims to:
- Offer students a thorough understanding of the working of modern economies;
- Equip students with the skills required to undertake successfully academic research and/or a career in the private sector, in international organizations and in governmental bodies.
- Applications for the selection procedure will be considered from candidates of all ages and nationalities who have an Italian degree (laurea specialistica o laurea magistrale) or a post-graduate degree or any foreign academic qualification recognized as equivalent to the Italian degree by the academic authorities in accordance with inter-university agreements of co-operation and mobility;
- Candidates from Italy, the European Union or other nations holding a foreign academic qualification which has not been declared equivalent to an Italian degree will have to request that their qualification is recognized as equivalent. This request is done in the application for the selection procedure and is valid only for purposes of admission to the research doctorate program. To this end, documents necessary for the teaching staff to reach a decision about the recognition of equivalence should be enclosed with the application;
- Applications will be also considered from candidates who, by the date of the application deadline, have not yet obtained their degree or other foreign academic qualification. In this case, admission will be accepted conditionally and the candidate will have to obtain the diploma di laurea or the foreign academic qualification within a date which is set by the Italian Ministry of Education. Such date is usually the 31st of October of the year in which the course starts.
- The Graduate School offers five fellowships (for a period of three years) paying a grant of EUR 15.343 (gross income) per year. The monthly allowance can be increased up to 50% for the PhD students visiting academic or scientific institutions abroad. Research funds are available from the second year;
- Before getting to Milan, all candidates must ensure that they possess the necessary financial means to finance their stay in Milan for 2 months. The School will also provide the necessary information about how to get the VISA and Italian permit of stay.
How to apply?
You can apply using the following link.
For more information, please visit this website.