Deadline: 2 September 2019
Open to: doctoral students that should not be older than 35 years of age
Benefits: fully- funded
The University of Pretoria in South Africa is a research-intensive university. Hence, it is seeking candidates for doctoral studies who will make significant contributions to its research endeavour. As part of South Africa’s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, the University of Pretoria has made funds available for two doctoral scholarships for students coming from Commonwealth Countries (excluding South African students). This scholarship is known as the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
The scholarship funding will be for a maximum period of support of three academic years. Awardee to complete the Doctoral studies within the minimum required period of three academic years. An extension request will only be considered under exceptional cases by the incumbent submitting a written motivation supported by the supervisor.
The UP Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants must conduct their studies at the University of Pretoria to commence in 2020;
- Applicants must have completed the degree that will give them admission to a doctoral programme no more than two years prior to their application for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship;
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at the time of application;
- PhD and Masters students currently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible for the Doctoral Scholarship.
The value of this Doctoral Scholarship will be around USD 12003.79
This amount must be used to cover the following student costs:
- Accommodation and living costs;
- Fees p.a.;
- Medical Aid;
- Flight ticket to South Africa from home country on proof of study permit;
- Return flight ticket to home country at the end of the programme as confirmed by the faculty;
- Shuttle service on arrival in South Africa from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria and return from Pretoria to OR Tambo on completion;
- UP application fee and Visa costs which will be refunded on proof of receipts on arrival.
Costs not covered by the Institution:
- Family expenses
- Additional baggage expenses
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.