Deadline: 15 August 2019
Open to: applicants from a Member State of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland
Benefits: monthly grant of 1.100 EUR and a travel allowance
EASA launched its Graduate Traineeship Programme (GTP). EASA is the European Union Authority in aviation safety. The main activities of the organisation include the strategy and safety management, the certification of aviation products and the oversight of approved organisations and EU Member States. Established in 2002, EASA enjoys over 10 years in operation. The Agency staff is composed of more than 700 aviation experts and administrators from all EU Member States. The headquarters is in Cologne (Germany) with an office in Brussels and 4 international permanent representations in Washington (USA), Montreal (Canada), Beijing (China) and Singapore.
The Graduate Traineeship Programme (GTP) presents an opportunity to gather first-hand work experience in a distinctly multinational and intellectually stimulating environment, while contributing to the Agency’s mission of promoting the highest common standards of safety and environmental protection in civil aviation in Europe and worldwide. If successful, you will be deployed in professionally enriching projects under the supervision of a traineeship advisor and you will be involved in the day-to-day activities of your team. In addition to the on-the-job training, general and technical in-house training may be offered -if necessary- to support your tasks and learning objectives.
You must meet all the following criteria. Failure to comply with one or more of these requirements will result in your exclusion from the selection process.
• Have completed the first cycle of a higher education course (at least three years of university education) and have obtained a full degree by the date indicated under “B. Competencies and Skills”.
• Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.
• Have a very good knowledge of English and preferably of another language of the European Union.
• Have not already benefited or benefit for more than 6 weeks from any kind of traineeship nor have had or have any kind of employment/working relationship (e.g., staff, interim, seconded national expert, consultant) within an European institution or body
• Meet the character requirements for the duties concerned.
B. COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Your application will be assessed also against the following competencies and skills:
B.1 Knowledge and experience
• University degree in a discipline relevant to the profile with diploma awarded in the period between 01/01/2017 and 31/07/2019.
• Very good academic track record (indicate your score out of the maximum score) and/or proven (extracurricular) achievements such as scholarship, internship, award, relevant thesis/publications, engagement in academic projects, clubs or associations.
B.2 Behavioural competencies
• Commitment & Motivation: Energy to deliver high performance combined with a strong ambition to develop a career in aviation.
• Problem solving & Learning agility: Identify and analyse problems and formulate conclusions based on a variety of data. Able to grasp up new and complex issues quickly and to transfer knowledge to future situations.
• Planning & Organising: Able to create structures, set priorities and achieve outputs in given timelines using multi-tasking skills.
• Adaptability & Resilience: Flexible towards new and challenging situations and stress resistant, assertive and efficient under demanding circumstances.
• Collaboration, Communication & Cross-Cultural Sensitivity: Dedicated to collective outcomes and able to convey information effectively in a multi-cultural working environment.
Monthly grant: 1.100,00 EUR.
Travel allowance: coverage of travel expenses from your place of residence to Cologne and back.
How to apply?
Read carefully the task description of the position of your interest as described in the specific traineeship notice published in the EASA eRecruitment tool. Please clearly indicate in your application for which specific position you are applying (e.g. Traineeship in the HR Department).
Please submit your application online through the eRecruitment Tool:
• Complete the electronic EASA Traineeship application form.
We strongly encourage you to provide sufficient information to enable us to evaluate your eligibility and suitability for the specific position. We recommend you to refer to the “Qualifications and other requirements” section and task description of the specific traineeship notice of your choice and to clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements (both eligibility and competencies and skills).
• Attach as a single scanned file the following documents:
– A motivation letter of no more than one page. Briefly explain why you are applying for the EASA GTP and to the specific position of your choice.
– Proofs related to your studies:
– University diploma or related official certificate.
– Proof of official length of studies.
– Academic track records.
– Proofs related to professional experience (if applicable).
– Any other proof evidencing the information provided in your application form.
Failure to submit a complete set of documents might result in exclusion from the competition.
If successful, you will be required to provide all original supporting documentation evidencing the information given in the application form.