Deadline: varies according country
Open to: applicants from Asia, Pacific, Africa, Middle East
Benefits: fully funded
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
This page lists countries that are eligible for Australia Awards Scholarships, and country-specific eligibility criteria.
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- full tuition fees;
- return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route;
- establishment allowance—a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials;
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department;
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia;
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions);
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training;
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience;
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
How to apply?
Information on how to apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship
For more information and to apply please visit this link.