Deadline: October 2019
Open to: all international applicants below 25 years of age (Undergraduate) and 40 years of age (Graduate)
Benefits: fully funded
Global Korea Scholarship provides international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Available Options in Universities:
Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities
- Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
Graduate course: Master’s or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
Total Candidates to be selected: 170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course)
Korea Language Training: Grantees are required to take Korean language training courses for 1 year at a language institution located on-campus of the domestic universities. (Those who have attained a Korean language fluency score higher than level 5 in TOPIK are exempt from this requirement.)
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
※ Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
– Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time;
– Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate);
– Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate);
– Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
– Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended;
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate).
※ Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
- Airfare (actual cost);
- Resettlement Allowance around USD 165.25;
- Living Allowance (Undergraduate: around USD 661.00, Graduate: around USD 743.63);
- Medical Insurance (around USD 16.525 per month);
- Language Courses (around USD 661.00 per quarter);
- Tuition fees (Actual cost – No more than USD 4131.31 per semester);
- Award for excellent Korean Language Proficiency (around USD 82.62);
- Research Support (around USD 173.51 – 198.30 per semester);
- Printing Costs/Dissertation (around USD 413.13 – USD 661.00);
- Completion Grant ( around USD 82.62 once).
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official webpage.