Deadline: 6 January 2020
Open to: young people aged 14-25 year olds
Award: different prizes for the winners
Organized within the framework of the UNESCO Silk Roads Programme, UNESCO Youth Programme and the International Decade for the Rapprochement of Cultures (2013-2022), the 2019 edition of the contest is open for entries from 19 September 2019 to 6 January 2020.
The Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest is an opportunity for young people living or travelling within these regions to share their perceptions and further their understanding of the common cultural heritage and pluralistic identities emerging from the interactions and exchanges taking place along the Silk Roads. The contest encourages the use of photography to extend these cultural interactions and encounters in the contemporary world, to foster mutual understanding and promote peace amongst the diverse populations encompassed by the Silk Roads.Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads photo contest offers young participants an international, virtual space. Here, they may freely express themselves while sharing their personal vision, thoughts and ideas regarding their common heritage of the Silk Roads.
All participants will be divided into two age groups: 14-17 year olds, and 18-25 year olds. The photographs must accurately reflect the theme, “Reveal the Silk Roads”, through representations of Gastronomy and Food Production, Music and Dance , and Traditional Sports and Games.
- The contest will culminate with an award ceremony, with three winners selected from each age category;
- First-place winners will receive a professional camera;
- Second place winners will receive a semi-professional camera;
- The prize for third place will be a standard-model digital camera;
- In addition, winners will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the award ceremony;
- Those under 17 years of age may be accompanied by one family member, courtesy of UNESCO;
- A travelling exhibition of around fifty photos that best represent the spirit of the contest will be exhibited in various places around the world.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please click here.
For more information and to apply please visit this link.