Deadline: 24 November 2019
Open to: candidates between 21- 28 years old
Benefits: the costs of the training activities in Rondine, lodging and board and academic or vocational training are covered by the Program
The Rondine Cittadella della Pace Association, based in Italy, has been working for peace and dialogue for 20 years. The program aims at promoting conflict transformation through the experience of young people coming from conflict and post-conflict areas and belonging to different cultures by applying an original training approach. During a two-year experience, participants deconstruct the idea of the “enemy” and work actively to develop projects with a social, political and economic impact in order to contribute to peaceful development in their own countries and the world.
To achieve these results, fellows receive high-quality training on topics related to conflict management, as well as improve their soft skills and learn about the necessary methodologies needed to create concrete opportunities for development and reconciliation. In addition to this specific training program, fellows develop their professional and academic curriculum by obtaining a master’s degree or specialization by high vocational education.
What is the World House?
The World House is an international experience of civic engagement for conflict transformation. It takes place through the experience of cohabitation with other fellows and daily activities. This is a core part of the project where the education process and training take place – learning by living. By being the core of the Citadel, the World House involves many innovative courses and projects. The young participants are prepared to become future leaders, in a context of fast transformation, deep change, high stake conflicts and increased complexity of relations. It is the place where the promotion and the diffusion of the mission of Rondine begin.
Participants will be selected among candidates showing the following characteristics:
- Aged between 21- 28;
- Sensibility and readiness to work on the topics of conflict of the country of origin and conflicts in general;
- Predisposition to leadership;
- Predisposition to public speaking and communication;
- Predisposition to team and group work and active listening;
- Predisposition to take on roles of responsibility;
- Predisposition to team building and active involvement;
- Predisposition to civic engagement and volunteering;
- Project-oriented attitude, aiming at implementing social projects upon return to his/her home country;
- Predisposition to entrepreneurship and social innovation;
- Knowledge about civil society and the non- profit sector;
- Sensibility about global sustainability or at least about some of the following topics: climate change, cooperation, welfare, civil and social economy.
- Please, note that Italian is the official language for communication and activities in Rondine. For this reason, the program starts with a 3-month intensive course of Italian language and culture;
- Knowledge of English is desirable for a profitable participation in Rondine training.
During the whole period of the participant’s stay, the association takes responsibility of covering the following costs:
- Cost of the training activities in Rondine;
- Cost of the lodging and board;
- Cost of academic or vocational training (enrolment fees, learning material, transportation).
Expenses under the responsibility of the student include: the travel expenses to/from Italy and visa procedures, holiday travels, personal and medical expenses and every other cost not specifically mentioned among those covered by the Association.
How to apply?
For more information, and how to apply, please read the official call.