Deadline: 8 January 2020
Open to: all students currently enrolled in a graduate program from a variety of fields in the social sciences and life sciences
Benefits: monthly allowance of EUR 500 with housing and travel expenses covered
The Global Center on Adaptation actively supports students and young professionals to become leaders in climate change adaptation. The internship takes place in the Netherlands at the premises of the Global Center on Adaptation, in Rotterdam and/or in Groningen. During the Program, Young Leaders work independently and with a team of experts on different assignments in an international and diverse environment.
The Young Leaders Program is currently open for applications for the period of May – August 2020 (4 months total).
To be eligible for an internship, candidates must:
- Have an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent)
- Be enrolled in a graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s or PhD) or have graduated within 6 months of application
- Have a solid understanding of international development and climate change adaptation issues
- Have demonstrable leadership potential
- Be fluent in English. Additional knowledge of other languages such as Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese is desirable.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Global Center on Adaptation will provide a monthly allowance of EUR 500 to participants. Participants will also have housing and travel expenses to and from the Netherlands covered for the duration of their stay.
Its important to note that, interns are entirely responsible for their own living costs such as groceries and health insurance.
How to Apply?
You can submit your application through this link.
For more information, please check the official website.