Deadline: 2 February 2020
Open to: young journalists from around the world
Benefits: covered travel costs including board and lodging.
On 24–25 March 2020, the German Government invites the world to its annual inspiring dialogue on the Global Energiewende, the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (#betd2020), which has become the leading international forum on the green energy transformation. Every year, high-level participants from politics, industry, science and civil society gather in Berlin for two days to discuss the shift to a sustainable energy system. In this diverse international conference, scientific expertise meets with practical know-how, policymakers encounter civil society organisations, and young and experienced generations enrich each other by working hand in hand to accelerate the energy transition.
The Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue 2020 will focus on a Global Green Deal including:
- Green Finance
- Market Designs for Renewables
- Carbon Pricing
- Multilateral Cooperation and Action
During the conference, the BETD Media Fellows will report on the conference sessions through
- social media channels, especially Twitter
- video clips, interviews and reports
- and the official website
The fellowship is meant for young journalists from around the world.
We invite you to become part of this conference and to report on the discussions and innovative energy solutions. We offer you the unique opportunity to come to Berlin and look behind the scenes of the Global Energiewende. The BETD Media Fellowship allows young journalists from around the world to gather in the German capital in order to
- gain access to this exclusive conference
- talk to high-level stakeholders from science, politics, industry and civil society
- connect with other BETD Media Fellows
- and experience the energy transition hands-on with exclusive guided tours and side events during the Berlin Energy Week (23–27 March 2020)
They will cover travel costs including board and lodging.
How to Apply?
Please apply here with your documents (CV, essay on your motivation (250-300 words) and writing samples).
For more information, please visit the official website.