Deadline: 1 March 2020
Open to: candidates from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan
Benefits: fully funded
The L. Kirkland Scholarship Program has been supporting individual development of young, ambitious and active citizens of Eastern Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia for 20 years. Over 800 graduates of the Program include members of governments, parliamentarians, managers of large multinational corporations, managers of local government bodies and well-known social activists.
The program, financed by the Polish-American Freedom Foundation and financially supported by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA), is addressed to young leaders and experts, holding university degrees, interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and the region.
The Program offers two semesters of studies in one of five Polish academic centers (Warsaw, Cracow, Wrocław, Poznań, Lublin) and at least two weeks of professional internship in state, private and nongovernmental organizations. Candidates who are decided to return to their home country after the end of the scholarship, in order to implement there the project prepared under the scholarship and the knowledge they have gained in Poland are invited to submit applications.
The Kirkland scholarships are addressed to individuals who represent the following professional groups:
- civil servants, employees of central and local government institutions
- managers in business, NGOs, culture, education, environmental protection, healthcare
- leaders of non-governmental organizations, animators in culture and civic activity
- academic teachers
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan (holders of residence card in Poland, and people living or working in Poland when applying for a scholarship are ineligible)
- Master’s degree (or equivalent)
- Up to 40 years of age
- At least two years of professional experience
- At least two years break from participation in a previous scholarship abroad, longer than 6 months
- Free access to university classes and support of academic advisor
- Monthly stipend paid to Kirkland grantees for ten months: EUR 378.46 (1600 PLN/month.)
In addition, the Program administrator provides the following (worth approx. EUR 993.45 (4200 PLN/month):
- Accommodation during the whole stay in Poland
- Health insurance for medical outpatient care, treatment costs in case of emergency and civil liability insuranc
- one return ticket to Poland (up to agreed amount)
- public transportation cards;
- visa costs
- research materials
- Participation in the introductory course, and grantees conventions,
- Polish language course (October- May).
How to Apply?
1. A correctly registered online form
3. A copy of the diploma confirming 5-year university studies (or a copy of the candidate’s diploma) sent by e-mail to email@example.com
For more information and how to apply, please visit the official website.