Deadline: 25 April 2020
Open to: international photojournalists
Benefits: a EUR 15,000 main award
Athens Photo World (APW), upon the expressed wish of Yannis Behrakis and with the lead support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), aims at supporting and highlighting the work and vision of Greek and international photojournalists.
A new selection committee is appointed every year, under the permanent chairmanship of Elisavet Saridou Behrakis. For 2020, the members of the committee are Alice Gabriner, Enric Marti and Ahmad Masood Interested parties are requested to submit a portfolio of twenty-four (24) photographs, along with an explanatory text and a brief resume. The winner of the 2020 “Yannis Behrakis” Award will be announced by Elizabeth Saridou Behrakis and Dar Yasin, winner of the 2019 Award, at the closing event of APW 2020 on 31 May, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens, Greece.
- Participants must be professional photographers.
- The photographic project to be submitted for evaluation must have been carried out between January 2017 and December 2019.
- The photographic project submitted for evaluation should be classified as a ‘reportage’ or ‘documentary’.
- Files are to be sent at 72dpi and 3000pixels on the large side, with captions, written in English, in the file info field.
- Participants must also send an accompanying text/story, not exceeding 250 words.
- The photographs must not have been subject to alterations or any kind of digital manipulation other than cropping and basic exposure, contrast, and luminance correction.
- The finalists selected for the last round of judging will be required to produce the RAW image files as delivered by the camera.
For the second consecutive year, the EUR 15,000 “Yannis Behrakis” International Photojournalism Award will be awarded to a full-length photojournalism or documentary work. The winning project will be presented at next year’s APW festival with an individual exhibition of the photographer.
How to Apply?
Click here to submit an online application.
For more information please check the official web page.