Deadline: 10 May 2020
Open to: individuals who (i) are of a country or jurisdiction in which the competition fully satisfies all legal requirements for a contest of this nature; and (ii) are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of date of entry.
Benefits: one USD 10,000 prize awarded
For Getty Images, photography is more than our business – it is our passion. In addition, they believe they have a responsibility to the talented artists who push our industry forward. Our goal is to enable photographers, filmmakers, and content creators to bring attention to significant social and cultural issues, as well as to take new and inspiring strides in creative work. Grant recipients are selected by a diverse and distinguished panel of independent judges renowned in the field of photography and communications. Many have directed and edited photography for some of the most celebrated publications in the world, are artistic leaders at award-winning creative agencies, or are celebrated photographers themselves.
Their grants program enables photographers to bring attention to significant social and cultural issues, and reach new creative heights
With Getty Images’ mission to move the world, we are partnering with Dove and Girlgaze to promote diversity within creative commercial photography and videography, elevating the work and the voices of women, female-identifying, and non-binary photographers. The #ShowUs Grant will provide financial support and mentorship to artists who are committed to authentically representing women, female-identifying, and non-binary individuals in commercial photography and videography. Dedicated toward promoting the work of artists who are using their talents to create inclusive visual stories depicting authentic representations of women, the #ShowUs Grant is open to women, female-identifying and non-binary commercial photographers and videographers who have been shooting for less than five years.
Project #ShowUs is a global library of images created by women devoted to shattering beauty stereotypes around the world. Created in partnership with Dove and female photography collective Girlgaze this global collection is 100% powered by women, showing women as they are, not as others believe they should be.
The Getty Images #ShowUs Grant is open to individuals who (i) are of a country or jurisdiction in which the competition fully satisfies all legal requirements for a contest of this nature; and (ii) are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry.
- One USD 10,000 prize awarded
- The successful recipient will be invited to license their award-winning content through GettyImages.com at a 100% royalty rate for imagery created within their proposed project (please see T&Cs for details).
- Guidance and mentorship from one of Getty Images’ award-winning Art Directors, as well as a feature on the Getty Images Creative Insights website, in addition to promotion on relevant Getty Images social channels. Please note, this additional support is not a requirement of the #ShowUs Grant, and choosing to take advantage of this opportunity is at your discretion.
How to Apply?
Applicants must apply using our online application found here.
- Links to the existing portfolio of work online
- The submission must include: a 200-500 word summary of the project proposal and an explanation as to how the project will move the #ShowUs movement forward through commercial photography and imagery
- A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done
- All the required fields indicated on the application found on the Submittable website
- The proposals must be in English
- All submissions must be digital, prints, books, slides or transparencies or other such materials will not be reviewed by judges nor returned to the applicant.
For more information, please visit the official web page.