Deadline: 6 May 2020
Open to: african nationals domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country
Benefits: fully funded
The scholarship is provided by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation and is for a two-year programme, with the successful candidate undertaking the full MSc programme, with a one-year internship being integral to the programme. The internship will consist of six months with IDD and six months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation in London.
The Governance and Statebuilding programme is one of the specialised streams within international development, and takes an interdisciplinary standpoint, combining the theoretical rigour of political economy and the practical experience of development. The good governance agenda occurs now increasingly alongside the debate on state-building, which encompasses issues such as accountability and transparency, corruption, conflict, political settlement, human rights, participation, access to justice, and democratisation. Governance and state-building are of particular interest to governments, nongovernmental organisations, and development agencies, as well as to a growing and vibrant academic community.
The entry requirements consist of:
- A first-class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university is essential.
- Good written and spoken English. For those whose first language is not English, evidence of this capacity is required. Applicants should reach at least level 6.5 in the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL. Please check the University website for more information on English language requirements.
- Applicants must be African nationals domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The scholarship includes:
1. Full tuition fee
2. Airfare to and from the United Kingdom and visa
3. Monthly stipend of GBP 950 for 18 months
4. Arrival allowance of GBP 950
The remaining six months for the internship will be funded directly to the successful candidate by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
How to Apply?
For more information please check the official web page.