Deadline: 29 June 2020
Open to: young leaders (aged 18 – 30) from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda and Ethiopia who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities
Benefits: the participation in the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, all costs covered
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to offer the Improved Foods Scholarship for the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich.
The scholarships build on DSM’s vision to enable better food, health, and nutrition for all. DSM has partnered with IFC, CDC, FMO, Government of Rwanda and the World Food Programmes to launch the Africa Improved Foods (AIF) partnership, which is an innovative public-private partnership making nutritious fortified foods locally in Africa for Africa with the objective of ending malnutrition.
In line with the expansion objectives of DSM to support more countries, this scholarship seeks to support two young entrepreneurs who are improving the agri-food food value chain in one of the following ways:
- Shaping opinions: raising awareness of the importance of a balanced and nutritional diet.
- Building brands: developing responsible and nutritious brands which are attractive and affordable for the communities who need them most (especially those with low income, at base of pyramid (BoP)).
- Producing locally: sustainably producing local produce or nutritional products to serve local communities.
- Improving small holder farmers value chain: developing/implementing programs to eliminate post-harvest losses for small holder farmers and improve quality of their produce (especially elimination of aflatoxin in maize).
To be eligible to receive this scholarship you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30 by the date of the One Young World Summit 2021.
- A national of Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India or Bangladesh.
- Have 3 – 5 years experience work in a business and ideally running your own business.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal on-boarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)