Deadline: 30 June 2020
Open to: youth delegates aged 18-30
Benefits: fully funded
Applications are now open for the World Forum for Democracy 2020 that will take place in Strasbourg on 16-18 November. The World Forum for Democracy is a platform for global dialogue and democratic participation which brings new ideas into the work of the Council of Europe and promotes its principles across the world.
This year’s forum will be dedicated to environmental challenges and democracy. The 2020 Forum participants – politicians, public and private officials, international organisations, academics and civil society – will debate the issues and generate new ideas for tackling the environmental crisis we face today. The ambition of the Forum, held under the theme “Can Democracy Save the Environment?”, is to propose and discuss differing answers to the question of what it really takes to get the job done when it comes to stopping and reversing the devastating damage done to our environment.
In order to be selected and participate in the World Forum 2019, youth applicants should:
- Be aged 18-30.
- Be able to communicate and work in English.
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives.
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy.
- Ready to share own challenges faced in relation to media, fake news, information as well as its effects on democracy.
- Ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of media, fake news, information, as well as democracy.
- Be available to participate fully and the preparation process beforehand.
The youth representatives will be chosen on the basis of these criteria and a video to be submitted. The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all candidates who fulfil the above mentioned profile, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief or sexual orientation. A few limited places will allow for participants from the previous editions of the World Forum to participate.
- Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe.
- Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Council of Europe.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.