Open to: advanced MA and PhD students and young researchers, as well as social entrepreneurs, who have a keen academic or professional interest in the topics
Venue: 29 June – 3 July 2020, Online
The ISU is organized by the Institute of Advanced Studies Kőszeg (iASK) and the Institute for Social and European Studies (ISES), in cooperation with the University of Pannonia.
ISU 2020 is special this year for two reasons: it is the 25th anniversary of the summer university in Kőszeg, and with the COVID-19 situation it will be the first online ISU.
The goal is to review the last three decades and the present, in order to answer the question: where are we heading?
Europe and Central Europe
- Paradoxes of Central Europe 30 Years After: Illusions and Realities of Integration
- Alternatives as Seen from Southeastern Europe
- Economic Crisis and Resilience in East Central Europe
- The Singapore Syndrome: Lessons for Central Europe
- Russia and Central Europe
- KRAFT: Introducing the Creative Cities and Sustainable Regional Cooperative Strategy
- Security and Defence Cooperation in Central Europe
Systems in Distress: The Future of Europe after Covid-19
- Learning from the Pandemics of Communism, Fascism, and Neo-liberalism
- Pandemics and the Future
- Risk Perception and Cultural Rationality
- In Praise of Democracy: The Role of Diplomacy and the UN: Are International Organizations Adapting to Global Change?
- The Future University
Advanced MA and Ph.D. students and young researchers, as well as social entrepreneurs, who have a keen academic or professional interest in the topics.
How to apply?
Participation fee: 0 EUR
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
Applicants should send the following documents to [email protected]:
- completed application form
- A 300-word motivational letter
For more information, please check the official web page.