Deadline: 20 July 2020
Open to: Latvian or foreign postdoctoral researchers who have acquired doctorate not more than 5 years before the deadline for submitting the research application
Benefits: a grant of up to 111,505 EUR and 30 months to perform research in Latvia
The State Education Development Agency (SEDA) announces the fourth competition for selecting research applications under the activity “Post-doctoral Research Aid”. Latvia welcomes young scientists from abroad to apply for post-doctoral research aid Programme.
The purpose of the programme is to develop the skills of new scientists and to increase the scientific capacity, ensuring the possibilities for new scientists to start a career in scientific institutions and with enterprises, as well as improvement of research competencies, renewal of human resources and increase in the number of qualified specialists.
The target group of the programme is postdoctoral researchers (PR) – Latvian or foreign researchers who have acquired doctorate not more than 5 years before the deadline for submitting the research application.
A PR from abroad may implement the following aided activities within the scope of a research application:
- acquisition, approval and defence of intellectual property rights,
- knowledge and technology transfer,
- training, international mobility and networking.
The conditions of the project:
- a research applicant is a scientific institution or enterprise of the Republic of Latvia, which establishes employment relations with a PR and ensures access to infrastructure and human resources for implementation of the research necessary within the scope of the research application,
- the maximum total eligible funding of a research application shall be 133 806 EUR
- the maximum duration of the project implementation is 36 months.
One grant is up to 111, 505 EUR and 30 months to perform research in Latvia, including:
- full time employment contract with salary 2731 EUR per month including all taxes;
- other research expenses, such as costs of materials, protection of technology rights, external services, data processing, training and networking measures, set at 800 EUR per month;
- administrative costs set at 185.83 EUR per month.
- Implementation of fundamental or industrial research
- Defence of intellectual property rights
- Knowledge and technology transfer
- Improvement of competences (training)
- International mobility and networking
- Supervision and review of bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral thesis
- Preparation of other research or innovation projects proposals
How to apply?
For inquiries, please phone/email SEDA contact persons:
- [email protected]
- Phone: +371 67785328
- [email protected]
- Phone: +371 67785472
For more information, please visit the official web page.