Deadline: 12 July 2020
Open to: researchers with a minimum of eight years of experience in development research
Benefits: a full-time position
The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) is an autonomous research institute within the UN system that undertakes multidisciplinary research and policy analysis on the social dimensions of contemporary development issues. Through their work, we aim to ensure that social equity, inclusion and justice are central to development thinking, policy and practice.
UNRISD seeks an outstanding researcher to lead our new programme of work on Gender Justice and Development.
The Senior Gender Justice and Development Consultant will join a small team committed to producing high-quality research that contributes to the realization of equity and social justice in development policy and practice. Building on prior and ongoing research, she/he/they will lead the development of new research projects, identifying critical areas of concern for the UN system within the framework of the UNRISD Institutional Strategy.
- A Master’s Degree in the social sciences, with a focus on gender and development. A PhD is strongly desirable.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in development research at an academic or research institution.
- A publication record in the field of gender equality, human rights and social development, and expertise in at least one of the priority areas for programme development (indicated under functions, above);
- Research experience in countries in the global South.
- Experience in fundraising for social development research projects, project management, and team supervision (including on-location and remote members).
- Fluent English with proven writing and editing skills; ability to work in other UN languages highly desirable.
- This is a full-time position with a desired starting date of September 2020.
- While periods of physical presence at the Institute’s offices at the United Nations in Geneva are highly desirable, there is also flexibility in location to suit the right candidate.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and dependent on location.
- Duration: initial trial period of six months with the possibility of extension.
- The Senior Gender Justice and Development Consultant will be hired by the United Nations office at Geneva as a Consultant/Individual Contractor. The consultant is responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant tax obligations, social insurance contributions, and appropriate medical and accident insurance coverage for the full duration of employment.
- UNRISD will cover one return ticket at least costly fare (if the selected candidate is not residing in Geneva).
How to apply?
For more information please visit the official website.