Deadline: 31 August 2020
Open to: undergraduates from all tertiary institutions in Africa
Benefits: prizes for top three winners
The Youth Connect Essay Challenge is organized to harness the creativity and innovation mindset of the African youth in promoting growth and development in Africa. The objective is to develop in undergraduate students the habit of contributing to national and global issues, as well as providing policymakers with an accessible perspective. It aims to promote excellence and knowledge amongst young minds, putting them in the shoes of game changers and problem solvers, in the African Landscape and the world at large.
- This Essay is open to undergraduates from all tertiary institutions in Africa
- Essay can be in English or French and must not exceed 1000 words.
- Entrants are expected to show originality, creativity, clarity and focus on the topic
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co- written essays will not be accepted.
- One entry per person.
- Entries will be disqualiﬁed if they fail to meet these requirements
- Winner – USD 1,000 + Laptop + Leadership Certification Programme + 1-year Mentorship Programme
- 1st runner up – USD 500 + Laptop + 1-year Mentorship Programme
- 2nd runner up – Laptop + 1-year Mentorship Programme
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information please visit the official website.