Deadline: 1 November 2020
Open to: Graduates in a relevant field with at least six months work or volunteer experience in a developing country.
Benefits: the stipend is approximately USD 30,000
Catholic Relief Services’ International Development Fellows Program prepares dedicated global citizens to pursue a career in international relief & development work. CRS empowers Fellows to hone their skills and gain practical field experience while contributing to impactful work. Each Fellow works alongside experienced CRS staff to address critical issues facing developing countries today. CRS invites applicants of diverse backgrounds who are committed to our agency mission and strategy to join our global team.
The CRS Fellowship is a unique 12-month professional development opportunity, designed to prepare Fellows for success in a range of onward positions with CRS. By completing this training program, Fellows are competitive candidates for a wide range of positions with CRS. The Fellowship is centered upon skill building in the following four areas:
Activity planning & implementation
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning
Project Design/Proposal Development
Research, assessments, analysis
Results framework & theory of change
Technical and cost applications
Systems & Operations
Supply chain and logistics
Risk & compliance
Safety & security
Project planning & implementation
Partnership reflection & assessment
We seek diverse and aligned candidates, and welcome people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Minimum Fellowship Requirements
- Graduate degree in a relevant field
- At least six months work or volunteer experience in a developing country
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written commmunication skills
- Professional proficiency in a second language (preference given to French, Arabic and Portuguese)
- Willingness to work in locations with tropical and infectious diseases and limited access to medical facilities.
At CRS, we value employee health and well-being and provide comprehensive benefits to meet your needs and those of your family. Benefits include an international PPO medical plan, dental and vision insurance, generous leave, a highly competitive retirement program, and family-friendly allowances for overseas staff. CRS also prioritizes and invests in staff safety and security and provides travel and property insurance, disability coverage and Employee Assistance Programs.
The stipend is approximately USD 30,000 (paid in semi-monthly installments). Fellows pay their portion of health insurance premiums and contribute to housing like other CRS employees. Depending on the country assignment, Fellows may receive a cost-of-living allowance.
- Fellows enjoy an international PPO medical plan as well as vision coverage with zero deductible for in-network providers and low coinsurance and copayments.
- CRS provides each Fellow with basic furnished housing, which includes electricity, running water, internet and security services (if necessary). The Fellow’s housing is usually an apartment or house near the CRS office.
- CRS provides Fellows 20 days of paid vacation along with 12 days of sick leave annually. In addition, we offer 4 personal days to attend to emergency or non-emergency situations occurring during a normally scheduled work day.
- CRS covers relocation costs such as transportation to and from the country of assignment, visas, inoculations, etc. Additionally, CRS provides 100% employer-funded medical evacuation coverage for the Fellow and their dependents.
- CRS offers a 50% match on the first 6% of contributions as well as a contribution of 7% of pay regardless of employee contributions, after six months of service. (Note: Employees without a social security number are eligible to participate in an offshore retirement fund with the same contribution calculation.)
- Upon hire, Fellows have access to CRS’ robust online learning platform. Additionally, CRS will reimburse up to USD 5,200 per year for employees pursuing degrees and professional certifications, after one year of employment.
How to Apply?
For more information and in order to apply, please visit the official web page.