Deadline: 30 November 2020
Open to: candidates aged 18-35 years from all nationalities
Benefits: fully funded
United People Global (UPG) is a community that encourages and enables people to participate in making the world a better place. This is achieved in various ways and especially by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UPG works to raise awareness, strengthen belief, facilitate collaboration and foster community. UPG Sustainability Leadership mobilizes people and organizations to support positive citizen leadership on sustainability. UPG brings together people who are committed to impact by taking positive actions.
In 2019 UPG successfully trained 60 UPG Sustainability Leaders from 30 countries around the world, due to the covid19 outbreak, it was not possible to carry out the 2020 edition, but it is with great joy that they officially announce the return of the program in 2021. For 2021 UPG is training and certifying 500 young leaders from all over the world and flying 60 of them to a complementary and immersive 1-week experience on an island in the USA, The program will be held in Rockland, Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership. This is a fully-funded program and all the expenses of the selected candidates will be covered.
- Candidates must be 18-35 years of age.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, capable of overcoming major challenges and able to think outside the box
- Applicants from all nationalities are eligible.
- The training will be in English, the participant must have a good command of the English language.
- Candidates from all genders and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Participants will have the costs of the program covered – Training material. Accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s hometown to the US).
How to Apply?
Competition for the UPGSL is merit-based. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Individuals and Institutions of any nature interested in sending candidates, are entitled to apply for the program.
When completing the application, please note:
• Applications must be completed online; applications that are mailed, faxed or emailed to UPG will not be accepted;
• Questions that are marked with a red asterisk must be answered;
• Individuals may only submit one application. If an applicant submits two applications using different email addresses, then the individual will be disqualified;
For more information, please visit the official web page.