Deadline: 1 December 2020
Open to: applicants from developing countries who hold a PhD or equivalent degree
Benefits: monthly contribution, covered travel expenses and accommodation and food by the host centre
TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2021 for Developing Countries: The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) invites applications from researchers from developing countries for the TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme. The program aims to encourage competent scientist and researchers from developing countries excel in their field.
In collaboration with UNESCO and a number of centres of excellence in the South, TWAS has instituted a Joint Associateship Scheme to enable competent researchers from the South to visit these centres regularly. An associate is appointed for three years during which he/she can visit a Centre twice for research collaboration. Almost 300 centres have been selected to participate in the Scheme.
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree.
- The selection of associates is highly competitive; appointments are made on the basis of merit.
- Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- The Associateship covers the associate’s travel expenses and a monthly contribution of USD 300 towards incidental local expenses.
- The host centre covers accommodation and food, and provides the research facilities.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.