Deadline: 31 January 2021
Open to: applicants from all countries applying to pursue an eligible full-time graduate or professional degree program at Washington University in St. Louis
Benefits: fully- funded
The McDonnell International Scholars Academy is an endowed fellowship program that offers generous financial support towards graduate and professional degree studies at Washington University in St. Louis. Applications are accepted from graduates of universities across the world, with a special interest in those students from its network of partner universities.
Founded in 2005, the McDonnell Academy strives to develop a community of future global leaders. To that end, the Academy provides its Scholars with leadership training, mentorship by dedicated faculty members, and unique global engagement opportunities. It also facilitates collaborative research with its partners across disciplines and countries.
This fellowship opportunity is open to prospective students applying to pursue an eligible full-time graduate or professional degree program at Washington University in St. Louis. Applicants from all countries are welcome.
- Priority is given to international graduate and professional candidates who are graduates of one of the Academy’s partners universities.
- Domestic (U.S.) citizens who have spent most of their life and earned previous degrees in the United States are eligible to apply to as U.S. Scholars.
- International graduate and professional candidates from international universities outside the partner network are eligible to apply as Global Scholars.
McDonnell Scholars receive both financial and programmatic support including:
- full-tuition scholarship;
- a monthly living stipend;
- annual travel allowance;
- cultural and leadership training through a leadership seminar and workshops, specially-designed educational events including visits to Washington D.C. and New York, participation in international symposia, and more;
- individual mentorship by a dedicated faculty Ambassador who assists in the development of the Scholar’s academic and professional life;
- global network of students and alumni from across countries and disciplines.
McDonnell Scholars come from varied degree programs and different countries in order to maximize the diversity of the program and create a rich dialogue and experience. Most of our Scholars reside together in the Academy’s housing complex, which provides Scholars with unique living, learning and social experiences.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.