Deadline: 15 January 2021
Open to: candidates aged between 18 – 30 years of age
Benefits: being recognized as part of an international community, having your work featured on CIVICUS platforms, and much more
The Youth Action Team is an action body of CIVICUS on youth and youth-related issues that are part of the CIVICUS Youth membership. The purpose of the Youth Action Team is to mainstream youth and youth issues into CIVICUS’ programmes and activities and to champion youth engagement and enabling civic space for young activists.
CIVICUS Youth is looking for changemakers with open minds and limitless potential to influence youth programming and create the most innovative projects in the field of youth around the world, for The Youth Candidates should demonstrate strong leadership potential, intellectual curiosity, a sense of purpose, drive, and motivation to act.
This is a fully-funded volunteer position that includes access to an international network of peers and mentors, participation in the CIVICUS Youth Assembly, and other opportunities for self-development. It would allow young people to define and influence the creation of programs and opportunities within CIVICUS and beyond, becoming a leader in developing youth policies and innovations worldwide.
- Must be aged between 18 – 30 years of age at the time of selection into the Team.
- Being a member(s) of youth-led or youth-serving organisations, groups, collectives, networks or movements that is advancing social, environmental, political and/or economic justice.
- Affiliated with youth national and/or regional civil society networks.
- For communication purposes, candidates must have basic oral and written skills in English as the YAT meetings are currently conducted in this language. Selected candidates will be given support to take part in meetings and be able to express themselves.
- Being able to work remotely, ensure internet access, and be reasonably proficient in worldwide communication technologies (e-mails, Skype, Zoom, Whatsapp, social media).
- Be available and accessible to attend conference calls with the team and CIVICUS representatives and be avail themselves for Team activities at least 8 to 10 hours per month.
- Being recognized as part of an international community with some of the most inspiring young activists in the world.
- Have your work featured on CIVICUS platforms.
- Receive support from CIVICUS Youth team to develop your leadership skills and be ready to influence decision-making at global civil society networks.
- Improve the work you do in your local community through the incorporation of diverse global perspectives.
- Obtain access to different networks of support and organizations that can nurture your work.
- Develop ideas into projects that can have long-term positive effects in other young people.
- Attend the CIVICUS Youth Assembly.
- Be invited as a speaker in virtual global seminars and events related to civic space, democracy and human rights.
- Increase your team building skills and intercultural communication through a customized program.
- Achieving concrete results like the development of the ‘Resourcing Youth-led Groups’ playbook or the agendas of the CIVICUS Youth Assemblies. You define how far you want to go. The sky’s the limit.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.