Deadline: 31 March 2021
Open to: Arab and Dutch Students
Benefits: the maximum amount of an MSR scholarship is EUR 15,000
Applications are open for the Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship 2021. The scholarship is intended for Arab students who have been officially accepted into a Master’s or Ph.D program in the Netherlands or for Dutch students who have been accepted into a Master’s or Ph.D program in the Arab World.
The goal of this scholarship, besides fostering interaction between Arab and European students, is to provide the means for students seeking to broaden their own horizons. In keeping with the foundation’s mission, all areas of study are eligible for the grant, and primary requirements are that applicants must have a firm grasp of English, or the language their program will be in. The scholarship is designed for dynamic students with an interest in fostering the formation of ties between these two regions.
Moreover, the MSR scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring program that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
Candidates must be nationals of any of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, or Sudan. Applications coming from the Netherlands should be by Dutch nationals.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D program in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D program in the Arab World.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.
- Academic excellence.
- Personal growth: Assessing the contribution the proposed field of study would have on the applicant’s continued academic and professional development and/or its potential for impact in the local context.
- Strong motivation in line with the ideals of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation’s goal of promoting Euro-Arab dialogue and understanding.
- Financial need.
The maximum amount of an MSR scholarship is EUR 15,000
How to apply
Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English);
- Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- Copy of passport in colour;
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translation)
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees (in English);
- Letter of acceptance from Host University in the Netherlands;
- An official course description of the program offered by the Host University;
- Budget: please provide a detailed financial overview including tuition fees and living expenses, as well as other sources of income to cover your study in the Netherlands for the academic year you are applying. The maximum amount that may be awarded is €15,000 for the academic year. You can use this Budget Template.
- Signed and dated MSR Scholarship Application Form (the form can be downloaded in the application portal).
All the documents above must be submitted to the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation by March 31, 2021.
For more information, please visit the official webpage.