Deadline: 1 June 2021
Open to: PhD students in a surveying/geomatics programme in a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy country
Benefits: up to 4,000 Euros
The FIG Foundation will be providing scholarships of up to 4,000 euros plus possible funding for conference travel to PhD students.
The FIG Foundation raises funds to secure a sustainable future for surveyors. Donations finance educational and capacity building projects and scholarships, especially in developing countries and countries in transition, and encourage research into all disciplines of surveying and help disseminate the results of that research.
- be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy;
- have had a paper accepted by a peer reviewed international journal based on their doctoral research project; applicants should be the lead author, and the paper should be co-authored with their supervisor;
- should not have submitted their final thesis at the application deadline.
- Successful applicant will receive up to 4,000 Euros;
- They will qualify for a further grant of up to 3,000 Euros to attend and present a peer reviewed paper at a FIG conference.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.