Deadline: March 21, 2021
Open to: French nationals or the nationals of an African country
Benefits: an opportunity to engage with other candidates as well as with national and internationals leaders in the public and private sector, and to drive positive impact
The French-African Foundation has launched the Young Leaders program in response to the immense global challenges of the 21st century, which require a new generation of leaders whose ambition is to be true agents of change. The French-African Foundation brings together every year, on the basis of a public call for applications and a selection process by a dedicated jury, a collective of Young Leaders who play an important role in Franco-African relations. The selected candidates participate in two week-long seminars, alternately in France and in an African country. Selected candidates must show the talent, passion and shared values that have the potential to contribute to transformative change, in Africa and in France, and most importantly in the world. They must be committed and motivated to engage their potential and leadership to drive this change, as part of the Young Leaders program and Community.
For this 2021 edition, organized around the theme of “resilience”, 100 candidates will be selected. 50 Young Leaders will participate to the seminar in France and 50 Young Leaders will participate to the seminar in Senegal.
- Be between 28 and 40 years old as of March 31st, 2021;
- French nationality or nationality of an African country;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or a demonstrated interest to learn French is highly beneficial and will be an advantage in the application process;
- Demonstrated engagement across public and private sectors, and across geographical borders. The application must also demonstrate applied skills and experiences in any domain (which could include manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education, tech, culture and art, media, sports and community);
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership, commitment, and a sustained involvement (3 years minimum) that impacts your community, country, or sub region.
In addition to candidates from all backgrounds, the Young Leaders Program will welcome 15 Young Leaders with a background in Sports. These candidates should :
- have participated in an international sports competition as athletes ;
- OR have an experience of at least 3 years, working in a structure with a link with sport ;
- OR have an experience working on a project centered on sport as a tool for social, environmental, economic or political development.
- The 100 young leaders will take part in an induction and wrap-up seminars, where they’ll have the opportunity to express their expectations. In France, these sessions will be led by Egon Zehnder, the world’s largest privately held executive search firm.
- In addition, the 100 young leaders will meet with major stakeholders from corporations, SMEs, mid-level business, start-ups, and members of key associations and institutions.
- This year, the program pays special attention to the development of France and Africa’s sports industries.
- Young leaders will be taken on tours, exposing them to grassroots cultural realities.
- They will receive hands-on workshops dealing with media training, war school type decision-making sequences, and much more.
- Besides, the young leaders will be trained in the art of diplomacy, under the leadership of leading PR agencies in France and Senegal, with a focus on resilience, 2021s rallying theme.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more details, please visit the official website.