Deadline: 7 April 2021
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: production grant, mentorship and other benefits
One World Media Fellowship is aimed at aspiring journalists and filmmakers who seek to make a career out of reporting on stories from the global south.
Working in film, print, audio or multimedia, Fellows’ projects bring together integrity and creativity to present underreported stories that break down stereotypes and build cross-cultural connections. They guide filmmakers and journalists on a single project, and provide a supportive network of mentors and peers through the production and completion of their project.
They seek to champion diverse emerging talent, and particularly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups (people of colour, ethnic groups, women, LGBTQ+, or people with disabilities) as well as from people from and based in the global south.
- £1,000 production grant.
- Executive Producer for your project.
- Career mentorship.
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts.
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance.
- Introductions to commissioners.
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni.
- Open to applications from all around the world.
- One World Media Fellows are aspiring filmmakers and journalists ready to take the next leap in their career reporting from the global south. Looking for their first director role or solo investigation, our Fellows experiment and learn in a supportive environment.
How to apply?
Applications to the One World Media Fellowship are free.
- Step 1: Register for a new user account on the One World Media Submission portal. If you have registered previously, there is no need to create a new account – you can login with the same user details or reset your password.
- Step 2: You will need to fill in an online form, upload necessary documents and provide a reference letter. Check the Fellowship Submisstion Information document.
For more information, visit the official website..