Deadline: 2 May 2021
Open to: applicants who currently hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium
Benefits: a competitive salary, life insurance cover, pension scheme, and other benefits
The main objective of this role is to support and coordinate the resource mobilisation of Plan International, with a focus on EU funding and respectively contribute to an increase in Plan International’s success rate with the EU as well as other institutional donors.
Duration: 2 year fixed term contract.
Preferred starting date: As early as possible.
Function title: EU Resource Mobilisation Coordinator.
Administratively reporting to: the Coordinator will be line-managed by and report directly to the Head of Office and EU Representative of the Plan International EU Office.
Reporting to: Fabian Boeckler, Programme Director, Programme Department, Plan International Germany (GNO).
Type or role: Matrix management is envisaged for this role – technically and day-to-day operationally, as well as line management support, will be provided by Plan Germany´s Programme Director.
Status: 2 year CDD. Full-time (5 days/week, 37.5 hrs.).
Based in: Brussels, Plan International EU Office.
The EU Resource Mobilisation Coordinator’s main tasks are as follows:
- Resource mobilisation with focus on EU funding both for development and humanitarian projects (DG INTPA & DG ECHO) – including both support to actual EU proposal development tasks (writing & compliance) as well as relevant/required donor liaison.
- Identifying, analysing and monitoring EU funding opportunities in line with Plan Internationals programmatic priorities.
- Representing Plan International in various working and coordination groups related to EU funding in Brussels both Plan International internally (e.g. DG ECHO Global Account Management Group) as well as externally (e.g. Voice and Concord).
- Acting as focal person on DG INTPA and DG ECHO compliance (e.g. DG ECHO Audits, renewal of FPA/ EU Humanitarian Partnership Certificate, etc.).
- Quarterly analyses of EU Portfolio including projections updates.
- Support the development of strategically important and at scale proposals with bilateral donors (e.g. multi-country, consortia and/or global proposals) like German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO) and BMZ as per request.
- Participate in and support of the annual planning in regards to resource mobilisation actions.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in related area such as humanitarian relief, disaster management, development or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of practical work experience related to development cooperation and/or humanitarian relief inside with one or several International Organisations.
- Experience with EU related resource mobilisation – ideally both for DG ECHO and DG INTPA (formerly DEVCO).
- Track record on successful EU related resource mobilisation (other donors are considered an asset).
- Fluent in English in speaking and writing, proficiency in German preferred, further language skills in French and Spanish are considered a strong asset.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong proposal writing skills.
- Knowledge of the international DC and DRM/humanitarian standards (i.e. SDGs, CHS, humanitarian principles….).
- Track record on work experience in either development cooperation or humanitarian assistance.
- Resource mobilization experience with the most important international as well as national donors of GNO (i.e. ECHO/INTPA, BMZ, GIZ, GFFO, UN agencies etc.) – this incl. a strong proposal writing track record with various institutional donors in leading roles.
- Experience working in programme countries in the global south (considered an asset) or Headquarters.
- Experience working for an int. and global Organisation like Plan International (required).
- Application knowledge of the most common computer software relevant for the role (e.g. MS Teams, Excel etc.).
- Capable to work calm and professionally under pressure including on tight deadlines.
- Capable to work decentralized, autonomous, self-organized and pro-active without generally waiting for the instruction of the line manager as a general work principle.
- Capable to motivate colleagues and team members, to provide them with professional advice and guidance.
- Team player – adhering to team structures.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Open for new approaches and ideas and readiness to address them in a creative and innovative manner.
- The candidate must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Net Salary: A competitive salary is available for this position.
Other Benefits: 20 legal holidays + 4 PLAN holidays, pension scheme, life insurance cover, hospitalization, dental and outpatient cover, meal vouchers, work-related public transport costs.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you meet the skills requirements above and are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV (no Europass) and cover letter (no longer than 2 pages) in English to EUORecruitment@plan-international.org with “Application: EU Resource Mobilisation Coordinator” in the subject.
For more details, please visit the official website.