Deadline: depends on the internship vacancy
Open to: applicants who are enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or PhD programme or have graduated within the past two years
Benefits: stipend as a contribution towards living expenses and/or a one-time lump sum, as a contribution towards travel and visa costs
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain direct practical experience with UNICEF’s work. Internship opportunities are available worldwide.
When a UNICEF office identifies the need for an intern to support their team, they publish the opportunity, and all eligible candidates can submit their application through our website.
The kind of work the intern will be doing depends on the needs of the office to which they are assigned, their qualifications and interests. If they have specific interests or requirements for their degree, they should be included in the cover letter. Most interns work on one or several projects that include research, database management, communications and many other areas.
For the internship to be worthwhile and effective, the duration is usually between 6 and 26 weeks.
To be considered for an internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or PhD programme or have graduated within the past two years.
- Be proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French or Spanish. Fluency in the working language of the office you are applying to, may also be required.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university/education records.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. mother, father, sister, brother) working with UNICEF.
- Have no other relatives in your reporting line of authority.
- Be at least 18 years old.
Additional consideration will be given to any professional experience relevant to the function you’re applying for.
All interns are entitled to a stipend as a contribution towards living expenses, paid by UNICEF or a partner institution. A one-time lump sum, as a contribution towards travel and visa costs, may also be granted when funding is available.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.