Open to: those working in the arts
Benefit: a fixed grant of SGD 500 per grantee or collaborator
Mobility First! – ASEF Cultural Mobility Initiative is a mobility grants programme that supports the mutual cultural practice of those working in the arts. Since it was launched in 2017, Mobility First! has supported cross-border mobility of over 300 cultural professionals between 48 ASEM countries.
In 2021, in response to the continuing restrictions on travel and physical gatherings due to Covid-19, Mobility First! will offer virtual collaboration grants to artists and arts managers from Asia and Europe to jointly create new works or texts. This initiative aims to create opportunities for international cultural exchange and profesional connections at a time of very limited face-to-face encounters.
Eligiblity is via 2 tracks:
- Individuals – 2 or 3 artists or arts managers may submit a joint proposal for an activity they wish to collaborate on
- Organisations – Arts organisations may submit a joint proposal for 3-6 collaborators for an activity they are organising
Please refer to the Application Guidelines for more details on eligibility.
- Engaging in creative work – A fixed grant of SGD 500 per grantee or collaborator that is meant for artists’ fee and time spent on producing creative outputs
- Knowledge sharing – grantees benefit from a true exchange of ideas from working with their peers from Asia and/or Europe
- Building and strengthening connections – collaborations allow for meaningful conversations and diverse cultural expressions
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information, please visit the official website.