The Global Entangoment of Central Europe
26th International Summer University
Institute of Advanced Studies Kőszeg
June 28 – July 3, 2021
EXTENDED DEADLINE: 15 June 2021
As the world experiences a pandemic, unprecedentedly shared online, with its human and financial costs, other hybrid threats appear as urgent or emergent. How do we deal with conspiracies promoted online, and institutional attacks on democracy? How does relying on algorithms and distrust of institutions endanger what it means to be human? The inter-disciplinary approaches reflected in the topics of the 26th International Summer University are needed to analyse these complex realities in order to optimize innovative strategies for crises mitigation. Major themes:
- The Complexities of Central European Identity
- Central European Memorial Sites and Memory Politics
- Covid-19 and Surveillance
- Human Security in Light of Covid: Post-Covid Security Challenges and a New East-West Divide?
- Democratic Challenges and the Crisis of Western Civilization
- Understanding the Root Causes of Corruption, State Capture, Radicalization, Resilience, and Emigration in Central and Southeastern Europe
- Global Communication Strategies and the Potential of Soft Power
- Institutional Resilience During Crises: Global, Regional and National Perspectives
- The Future University – The Future of Education
Advanced MA and PhD students and young researchers, as well as social entrepreneurs, who have a keen academic or professional interest in the topics.
How to apply?
Participation fee: 0 EUR
Applicants should send the following documents to [email protected] :
- completed Application Form
- A 300-word motivational letter