Deadline: 15 June 2021
Open to: all international students with academic excellent who wish to enroll in degree program at the University
Applications are open for the Chulalongkorn University Scholarship Program for ASEAN and NON–ASEAN Countries 2021/2022. The Chulalongkorn University has taken a leading role in implementing interactive collaboration with the international community. In order to further develop academic cooperation between Thailand and foreign countries, the University has established the “Graduate Scholarship Programme for ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries” to provide financial assistance to international students who wish to pursue their graduate studies at Chulalongkom University.
Term of the Scholarships:
- Two-year Master’s degree scholarship; the first semester starting in August 2021
- Three-year Doctoral degree scholarships; the first semester starting in August 2021
- Applicants must be international graduate students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries. Faculty members, researchers and academic staff, who will return to teach/work at their home universities after graduation from Chulalongkorn University, are preferred. It should be noted that students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries, who have been studying in any programme at Chulalongkorn University for more than one semester, are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelors degree or a Masters degree in a field related to the field for which they are applying A degree certificate and an official academic transcript must be submitted with their application.
- Applicants must have obtained a grade point average of not lower than 2.75 for their undergraduate studies and not lower than 3.25 for their graduate studies.
- Applicants must be not be over 40 years of age.
- Applicants must have a good command of English. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 or 173 Computer-based or IEL TS score of 5.0 is required
- Applicants must be in good health.
The scholarships will cover the following:
- An economy class, round-trip ticket, as actually paid. It should also be noted that
1.1 For students from ASEAN, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 8,500 Baht;
1.2 For students from Asian countries, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 12,000 Baht;
1.3 For students from Europe, Australia and ew Zealand as well as Africa, the airfare of each leg must not exceed 20,000 Baht;
1.4 For students from North and South America, the airfare of each leg must not exceed 30,000 Baht.
Students are required to pay for their tickets and this amount will be reimbursed upon their arrival at Chulalongkorn University.
- Tuition fees (tuition fees for the faculty/special fees charged by the Faculty or the Programme of the students’ choice are excluded. Advanced arrangement between the students and the Faculty/Programme is needed).
- A monthly stipend and accommodation in the amount of 16,000 Baht.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.