Deadline: 31 May 2021
Open to: applicants with excellent communication skills who are passionate about environmental subjects
Benefits: $5,000 honorarium for the duration of the program
The Mongabay Sue Palminteri WildTech Reporting Fellowship primarily involves writing stories that cover conservation technology-related research for an affiliated news site – Mongabay.com.
The fellow will have the opportunity to develop their writing skills and have their news stories be published on a renowned website which boasts over two million global readers every month. This is a part-time, six-month opportunity supported by a special fund created in the memory of Sue Palminteri.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be a Self-motivator.
- Be passionate about environmental subjects.
- Have positive attitude.
- Be coachable and open to learning.
- Have strong values – personally and professionally.
- Have problem-solving skills.
- Have interest in conservation technology.
- Fellow will receive a $5,000 honorarium for the duration of the program.
- Other perks include:
- Publishing experience in a high-profile news outlet
- Learning about journalistic programs and processes at Mongabay
- Becoming part of a community of passionate and talented writers
- Coaching and support:
- Meet and greet training session via Skype and Q&A with Mongabay staff
- Working with different editors and receiving guidance and feedback
- Developing writing skills
- Developing interviewing skills
- Resume building
- Mongabay letters of reference and personal recommendations
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.