Deadline: 15 July 2021
Open to: organizations that are implementing ESD activities in local communities
Benefits: US $3,000
Okayama City launched the ‘ESD Okayama Award’ in 2015. The Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Okayama Award is organized by Okayama City and the ESD Okayama Award Steering Board, composed of organizations that have been promoting ESD in Japan and around the world. The Award will reward outstanding ESD practices in local communities around the world to support the organizations carrying out ESD activities and promote ESD to local communities globally through showcasing their initiatives.
- Organizations based in any country, including Japan, implementing ESD activities in local communities are eligible to apply for the Award.
- Only one application per organization can be accepted.
- Projects eligible for this award are ongoing and have been running for at least two years as of April 2021.
- Projects in the planning stages are not eligible.
- The organizations that have won the ESD Okayama Award in the past cannot apply with the award-winning projects, but can apply with other projects.
- Number of Award Winning Projects: Up to two projects.
- Prize: US $3,000 per project
- One representative of the winning project(s) will be invited to the Award Ceremony in Okayama, Japan, and will be requested to give a presentation on the project.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more details, please visit the official website.