Deadline: 11 June 2021
Open to: artists, musicians, journalists, architects, engineers and all those with a particular interest in the theme
Benefits: fully funded
The AfricaMuseum has set up a residency program. The objective is to strengthen the exchange and dissemination of information and knowledge, to compare views, opinions and testimonies of colonial history and colonial memories, and of representations and status of African cultural heritage in Europe and Africa.
The residency is co-funded by the Creative Europe Program of the European Union as part of the Taking Care project.
Objectives of the residency:
- Offer a new vision or new perspectives on ecology
- Generate creative output on the theme of ecological knowledge and environmental change inspired by the museum’s collections and archives
- Contribute to a better understanding of the relationships between collections, environment, and people (source communities in particular)
This call is addressed to artists, musicians, journalists, architects, engineers, creative people that are particularly aware of the human impact on the environment, biodiversity, ecological knowledge and inspired by museum collections. Applications from people based in Central Africa are strongly encouraged.
- 12 weeks of residence from September 2021 onwards (subject to prevailing health regulations)
- Access to the collections and archives of the AfricaMuseum as a place for the coproduction of knowledge
- Coverage of transport / travel costs
- Coverage of housing costs
- Payment of a daily allowance (per diem) and fees
- The residence will be the subject of an official agreement
HOW TO APPLY?
- Application to be submitted no later than 11th of June, 2021 to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following documents should be provided: CV, cover letter, description of the residency project and the envisaged result.
For further details, please visit the official website.